forum

Author Topic: New York Residents Can Now Take Hunter Safety Course Online  (Read 1006 times)

Offline OldGarandDad

• El Guapo
  • Non timebo mala
    • OldGarandDad
  • Liked: 75
New York Residents Can Now Take Hunter Safety Course Online
http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2013/07/new-york-residents-can-now-take-hunter-safety-course-online

New York’s hunters-in-training can now take enroll in the classroom portion of the state-required hunter’s education course online at hunter-ed.com/newyork/. Rather than have set dates and times for students to attend sessions, the online course lets anyone learn the material—a mix of text, video, and interactive media—at their own pace and to retake quizzes after relearning anything they misunderstood.
"No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session." -- New York State Surrogate Court Judge Gideon John Tucker, Final Accounting in the Estate of A.B._, 1, Tucker (N.Y. Surrogate Court) 247, 249 (1866)

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 2135
Re: New York Residents Can Now Take Hunter Safety Course Online
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 09:47AM »
This is good. It was available before, but only in certain counties of NY. But they still have to attend a "field day" which is something entirely new and includes live fire exercises.
On the DEC website it still doesn't look like the home study course is available statewide. Only in those counties it was available before. Unless  there is made available field day courses around here, the ability to use the online course for people locally is pointless.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:43PM by Postal Bob »
Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!

Offline papabear

• Guapo
  • HUNT N FISH MARRIED HAVE 2-DAUGHTER'S 1-GRAND-SON
  • Liked: 135
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 09:47AM »
Befor taking this class look into it make shoure there is some one in suffolk or Naussa giving the test I have bin teaching for 15 years and suffolk and do not know of any one doing this home study class on long island you need to go to a class they do this up state
papabear
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed-For Those Who Don't None Will Do
WE HUNT BY SIGHT-NOT BY SOUND
DUCKS UNLIMATED WESTERN SUFFOLK CHAPTER
New York Hunter Safety Instructor

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3045
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 01:25PM »
I needs me some squirrels. 
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me