forum

Author Topic: 98,000 Taurus 24/7 Pistols Recalled  (Read 10584 times)

Offline OldGarandDad

• El Guapo
  • Non timebo mala
    • OldGarandDad
  • Liked: 77
98,000 Taurus 24/7 Pistols Recalled
« on: September 30, 2013, 05:09PM »
98,000 Taurus 24/7 Pistols Recalled
http://gunssavelives.net/gun-industry/98000-taurus-247-pistols-recalled/

According to internationl reports, the Brazilian gun maker is being forced to recall nearly 100,000 of the 24/7 pistols which are currently in use by the Brazilian police.

The guns were made specifically for the police and it is not believed any of the other 24/7 line of pistols is affected. No Taurus USA guns are known to have the problem.
"No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session." -- New York State Surrogate Court Judge Gideon John Tucker, Final Accounting in the Estate of A.B._, 1, Tucker (N.Y. Surrogate Court) 247, 249 (1866)

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 4372
Re: 98,000 Taurus 24/7 Pistols Recalled
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 05:52PM »
Seems to me Taurus has had a history of QA issues in recent years... I could be wrong.
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Offline OldGarandDad

• El Guapo
  • Non timebo mala
    • OldGarandDad
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 05:58PM »
Seems to me Taurus has had a history of QA issues in recent years... I could be wrong.

Yep! I saw a Braztech-Rossi (Taurus' other lines) Circuit Judge at Freeport that kept locking up. It turned out to be an ammo issue but I never saw ammo lock up a cylinder like that before. I don't think you'd see that with a S&W Governor.
"No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session." -- New York State Surrogate Court Judge Gideon John Tucker, Final Accounting in the Estate of A.B._, 1, Tucker (N.Y. Surrogate Court) 247, 249 (1866)

Offline sbninja

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 383
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 06:52PM »
Wow, that sucks! Scary  :horror

One of the responses to that video...

What a fraud. No gun would do that without major damage and/or modification. The fact that it doesn't apply to guns in the USA is proof it's a political machination within Brazil. When it says "The guns were made specifically for the police" don't assume that it means any major modifications. These would be mostly cosmetic and fairly meaningless mods such as a slightly different slide release or slightly different mag release.

:thinking

My first handgun was(is) a Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm, I have aproximately 786 trillion rounds through it without one failure of any kind! :que

Ok, maybe not that many rounds, but pretty darn close! :D
Capt. Adama - "There's a reason why you separate military and police. One fights the enemy of the state, the other serves and protects the people.
When the Military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."

Offline El Mysterioso

• Jefe
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 01:33PM »
I  am still waiting (30ays +) for the return of my Springfield XDs.45. Called their service and was told that my gun did arrive (phew), it was one of the first, but still isn't done. They apologized for the lack of information to us and promised we would receive e-mail notice of the return. A mention of a "fix" for the grip safety but an FAQ mentioned that when they issued the recall they had no idea as to how to fix the problem. The basic problem noted in the recall was (1) Slam Fire and/or (2) doubling probability. Every where there are You Tube rants re: XDs.45 & 9, one guy was displeased to hysteria over the fact that his gun was "wet" when returned and to how disgusted he was over this use of xs oil. When I shoot my Bullseye .45, it literally floats in oil and I treat all .45's and semi-autos with the use of plenty of oil.   "Doc" Patiently Waiting for the return  :diosmio3
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old too fight, he'll just kill you"

Offline OldGarandDad

• El Guapo
  • Non timebo mala
    • OldGarandDad
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 03:04PM »
I  am still waiting (30ays +) for the return of my Springfield XDs.45. Called their service and was told that my gun did arrive (phew), it was one of the first, but still isn't done. They apologized for the lack of information to us and promised we would receive e-mail notice of the return. A mention of a "fix" for the grip safety but an FAQ mentioned that when they issued the recall they had no idea as to how to fix the problem. The basic problem noted in the recall was (1) Slam Fire and/or (2) doubling probability. Every where there are You Tube rants re: XDs.45 & 9, one guy was displeased to hysteria over the fact that his gun was "wet" when returned and to how disgusted he was over this use of xs oil. When I shoot my Bullseye .45, it literally floats in oil and I treat all .45's and semi-autos with the use of plenty of oil.   "Doc" Patiently Waiting for the return  :diosmio3

Springfield could be waiting on parts or certification of the "fix" with the insurance companies and other regulatory agencies.

Offline cas

• El Guapo
  • The last of the V8 interceptors.
  • Liked: 2568
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 08:17PM »
I still have my XDs and plan to hold out on sending it as long as possible. What I expected has happened and they are swamped. I'll send mine in next year some time.
"Baseball's a game and games are supposed to be fun".-Jack Elliot