• The Walking Dead... 5 1
Current Review:  
forum

Author Topic: The Walking Dead...  (Read 8238 times)

Offline xdguy

• El Guapo
  • When all else fails there is THE HAMMER
  • Liked: 555
Re: The Walking Dead...
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2015, 04:54PM »
Don't know if can still be considered action series anymore much to talkie now and cerebral. Thinking of fast forwarding once in a while.
NEW YORK the Expired State

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3093
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2015, 09:23AM »
This show just got real!!!
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Offline xdguy

• El Guapo
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2015, 10:04AM »
Guess really need to watch last night's episode. :horror
Wait to tomorrow before more details please

Offline xdguy

• El Guapo
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 11:32AM »
After last week's episode this week boring nothing more then a lead up to the season finale next week, except for the little bit of a fight with Rick and the Doc.

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2015, 06:46PM »
Season came to an end.  I was impressed.  The writing was phenomenal.  The acting was top notch and the underlying story compelling. The Never running out of ammo and gas can be distracting. 

Offline OldGarandDad

• El Guapo
  • Non timebo mala
    • OldGarandDad
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2015, 08:29PM »
...The Never running out of ammo and gas can be distracting. 

True! I could see them explaining the plethora of ammo if they were shooting .22LR (which is deadly out to 400 yards if you can compensate for the bullet drop). Then again, it would behoove the writers to show the cast doing more foraging and obtaining of such firearms and ammo.
"No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session." -- New York State Surrogate Court Judge Gideon John Tucker, Final Accounting in the Estate of A.B._, 1, Tucker (N.Y. Surrogate Court) 247, 249 (1866)

Offline xdguy

• El Guapo
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2015, 07:45AM »
On the whole a satisfying season. Amazing how well the take the same basic scenario, look for a safe place get there fix it up and then have to leave because......and do it well.
 My biggest problem is items they use that were not around when the Zombie crisis started.

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2015, 11:28AM »
^ exactly... That is so distracting

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2016, 09:18AM »
This thing needs to end.

Now they are special forces, with an ever replenished armament and ammo.  They are a strike force.  Good shooting scenes in the last episode , and it would make sense if this was about special forces.  I guess if you shoot enough, somehow you learn how to clear a buildings as a team.  The drama has no depth.

You can still feel there is a writer in there that writes a scene here and there where you can feel the old characters.  Case in point, in the last episode all the scenes with the character Carol.  That was good writing.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:23AM by bob »

Online Wile E. Coyote

• Muy Guapo
  • Liked: 660
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2016, 09:37AM »
This thing needs to end.

Now they are special forces, with an ever replenished armament and ammo. 

You are missing the "Behind the Scenes" shots... after all the evil is disposed, they all get on their hands and knees to pick-up spent brass.  Also, it is a little known fact that Michonne has a Brass Wizard ( http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/range-gear/brass-collectors/brass-wizard-prod45264.aspx ) attachment for her sword.

Also, if you remember the big "lake fire" scene a few episodes back.... look closely and you will see Carl casting lead bullets in the big fire.

Lastly, for keeping the guns running, if you look in the armory, they have a few Dremels, hammers, and tire-irons for their on-staff Guapo-Zombie-gunsmith.

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2016, 10:07AM »
Well now that makes sense.   :bigL
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 10:14AM by bob »

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2016, 03:53PM »
Ok I hated the show last season.  I hated every episode this season.  But the one I saw this week, well that was a really good one.  It was well written, acted and hard core. 

Let me explain.  Guns were running empty.  They were going on to slide lock and the ending was like wow.  I was not ready for that ending.  If they continue to do this for the rest of the episodes I am back in.  Oh and the camera angles and cinematography was spot on. You were literally there.  This was really good.  This episode aired 3/14

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2016, 11:35AM »
Last episode

Shock and Awe

Wow.  This show just got real.  My wife jumped a couple of times and admittingly I was floored by it.  This is what the show needs to be.  Good deal.

Online Wile E. Coyote

• Muy Guapo
  • Liked: 660
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2016, 02:01PM »
Last episode

Shock and Awe

Wow.  This show just got real.  My wife jumped a couple of times and admittingly I was floored by it.  This is what the show needs to be.  Good deal.

Yeah great episode!

ps.  Look back on this thread a bit and note how I predicted that they would do reloading.   8)  :tv2

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2016, 11:42AM »
So who do you think got his/her head bashed in.

I think Meshon because Rick's woman seem to always die.  But this website makes a strong argument that instead Glenn is the one getting the bat to the head.  Warning this site is full of Native Advertisement (the new way to mix interesting info with ads)

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Does-Negan-Kill-Glenn-Walking-Dead-Season-6-Finale-40823381#photo-interstitial-1

I think they maybe onto something. His character kind of turn from the boyish survivalist to this hard core, introspective soon to be a dad person.  It did not quite flowed in my opinion.  But there are other things that just don't flow.  Alexandria seem to have been spared due to its isolation and walls.  They had to go out and recruit lost survivors to join the community.  Now it seems, it is surrounded by multiple communities, powerful in numbers and weapons and yet these same folks never thought of invading it.  How come the people seekers of Alexandria never ran into these communities?  I had a hard time with the giant pit that supposedly kept the compound safe by trapping walkers into it.  Same thing, no one had noticed that before? 

The last few episodes were exciting and the camera angles, sound track and filters used went along way to make things entertaining.  The actors are good, but the story line is going into that well and tiring direction of the "Govenor" season.  The zombies are the least scary thing in the series. 

I think the fear of the walking dead may shed more light into the zombie aspect of things, or it can be another painful bs drama like it was up to the last episode.  The only one I liked.

Not sure if I want to invest more of my time into this.  :sadsecond