Author Topic: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*  (Read 179779 times)

Li02liberty and 61 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 1378
*bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« on: April 02, 2015, 10:10PM »
Ok what the hell does the title mean?

I actually spend most of my internet time on car forums. These tend to have many times the number members that gun forums do. There is generally a chit chat random discussion thread on each. The one forum auto locks the thread at 1000 posts In which case another forum member opens a new thread with their own title within the bar quotes. Since this is a smaller forum maybe 100 posts might be a better lock point or maybe Bob says screw off I don't like this idea. Anyway.... That's what the title means. Until Bob tells us to screw off, just post your random thoughts, jokes, links to meaningless videos, and anything that is simple and doesn't warrant its own thread here. And I hope to see someone else open the next bar thread soon without DM in the subject.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:16PM by DM »

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
*bar -> DM's chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 10:14PM »
This thread doesn't stand a chance here.

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3655
Re: *bar -> DM's chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 10:16PM »
I like
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 10:24PM »
I learned how to cook typical Santo Poco food.  I have been cooking now for 2 months.  The funny thing a year ago I would had never entertained the idea.  My mom is a great cook, my wife is a great cook, so no real need to be one.  So, I was working from home and I went upstairs ready to make my trip to a fast food place.  And I had this thought.  Why don't I cook something for myself.  I then thought of youtube and I realize there is probably tons of stuff on cooking.  I was right.  I found my mom's traditional recipe to stew chicken and make rice.  I found a can of black beans and followed the recipe on the can.  All turned out delicious.  Kids got home from school and were singing "Papi is the greatest" songs while enjoying their meal.  I have never felt so proud of myself.

So I am hooked.  And cooking is now a hobby I am exploring and loving .

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 10:30PM »
That's great. I'm recently starting to learn to cook as well. Besides pizza and burgers that is.... It is enjoyable and YouTube helps a ton. Stirfrys were always soggy messes for me. Now they are crisp like they should be. Heat is was the part I was missing. Im preparing for life in the country.

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 10:32PM »

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 10:36PM »
.. Have you ever confronted your boss with the bullshit of his way only to be told more bullshit?..  There is a moment where you know you can take a step back and get away.  But at the same time you feel the need to call him/her on it.  ...  And then you do.  You stand your ground knowing well that truth and logic are on your side.  With such a team what can go wrong.  But inevitably it does.  Trying to prove your boss  iswrong is like an American Idol contender telling JLo she can't sing and her critique carries no weight...  You just won't win that one

Offline 03k64

• El Guapo
  • Liked: 215
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 10:40PM »
I had pollo guisado last week at a Dominican place.  It's become our regular Friday lunch spot at work.

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 10:46PM »

.. Have you ever confronted your boss with the bullshit of his way only to be told more bullshit?..  There is a moment where you know you can take a step back and get away.  But at the same time you feel the need to call him/her on it.  ...  And then you do.  You stand your ground knowing well that truth and logic are on your side.  With such a team what can go wrong.  But inevitably it does.  Trying to prove your boss  iswrong is like an American Idol contender telling JLo she can't sing and her critique carries no weight...  You just won't win that one

Someday my mute button will fail and I'll be fired. Cursing while muted is a great stress reliever. But don't try this at home unless highly experienced.

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 10:51PM »

I had pollo guisado last week at a Dominican place.  It's become our regular Friday lunch spot at work.

http://www.dominicancooking.com/620-pollo-guisado-braised-chicken.html

Looks dam good. I worked much of my early days in Long Island City. Tons of good Food from Spanish diners near by. I highly miss the baked chicken with rice and beans from a place on Thomson ave by the 59th street bridge.

Offline mando

• El Guapo
  • Just Some Random Guy
  • Liked: 541
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 01:51AM »
I saw the movie "Interstellar" with the family tonight. It kind of reminded me of the DM's first post if I understood it correctly.
"Life is tough; it's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Offline mando

• El Guapo
  • Just Some Random Guy
  • Liked: 541
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 01:58AM »
Back to the cooking thing, the beauty of it is that there is no right way of doing it. A dash of this a dab of that and voila you have your own dish. Baking on the other hand is another thing. If you change anything you are usually fubar.
"Life is tough; it's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Offline xdguy

• El Guapo
  • Not missing NY Y'all
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 07:25AM »
Always looked at cooking as kid it has directions can do it. Slowly now last few years since I get home way earlier then the boss have started to experiment a little. Luckily barbeque season starting.
NEW YORK the Expired State
I'm gone thank you

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 11:34AM »
I am also into the single malt whiskey  thingy.  Although far from being all knowing about it, I try to buy stuff that is not too cheap but not silly expensive.  Do you guys have any preferred ones in that range? 8)

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 2505
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 12:57PM »
Hard liquor not into, but I enjoy the seasonal beers put out by Sam Adams. If you drink them for the season they're made for, they really seem to compliment the seasons well. I still though have a few of the Octoberfest, a favorite of mine, when I picked up 2 cases of it. Now, they already started with the Summer Ale, but until it hits above 70, it just doesn't feel right. The current ones are the Cold Snap and Escape Route. Both made for when winter is ending and Spring is starting.
Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!