forum

Author Topic: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*  (Read 272934 times)

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3843
Re: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #1515 on: January 03, 2017, 02:09PM »
So on my way to the mailbox to send my registration fee, I saw this lady riding a bike toppling over and hitting the ground.  It was like in slow motion.  She was not hit or hit anything.  I was like 50 yards from her.  I saw two other gents running towards her.  I got on my burro and parked it to close the street both ways close to her.  She was barely breathing.  I took her pulse and it was faint.  She looked pale.  One of the fellows called 911 and the other started to make sure no traffic could squeeze by.  Another gent came out of one of the houses nearby.  No one wanted to touch her.  I undid the buttons on her jacket as I saw her chest starting to rise, like she was taking deep breaths, I figured that way she could breath more easily.  Then she started spitting blood from her nose and mouse.  I am like holy shit, this is happening.  Thoughts of how her family would react started pouring in.  I wanted to do something more to help.  But she had no visible physical injuries ... Not even her head or face looked that bad.  If I had to guess, maybe some heart condition of some sort.  I asked the other fellows if we should move her and they unanimously said no.  I was like oh god, am I going to be a witness to this person's last day on earth?... Finally the emergency services arrived.  Police came. The other fellows explained what they saw and I was asked to move my truck and one of the emergency crew members thanked me. 

I then saw the lady trying to sit up and they gently push her back and ask her not to move.  I felt better when I saw that.  I realize she was in good hands.

There were 3-4 other people who saw what happened and they were closer.  It didn't look like they needed me so  I drove home.  But I feel like I should've been able to do more.  I felt so useless. This was someone's wife, sister, daughter ... Could had been mine. 

Anyways, that was something else.
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Online Sarge

• Muy Guapo
  • Liked: 652
« Reply #1516 on: January 03, 2017, 02:24PM »
Sounds like you made all the right moves...immobilize, comfort and call....best things to do in that situation. No much more to do unless they stop breathing. Nice job
If you pick up a weapon, you are embarking on a career of great sadness mixed with rare touches of glory,

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 1388
*bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #1517 on: January 03, 2017, 02:55PM »
Scary stuff. Sounds like you did all that you could possibly do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mando

• El Guapo
  • Just Some Random Guy
  • Liked: 542
« Reply #1518 on: January 03, 2017, 03:01PM »
Agreed, you did all you could have and should have done.
"Life is tough; it's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Offline cas

• El Guapo
  • The last of the V8 interceptors.
  • Liked: 2421
« Reply #1519 on: January 03, 2017, 03:29PM »
Trying to get a look at her boobs was a good move, too bad those other two cockblockers were there. 
"Baseball's a game and games are supposed to be fun".-Jack Elliot

Online Sarge

• Muy Guapo
  • Liked: 652
« Reply #1520 on: January 03, 2017, 04:53PM »
Lol
If you pick up a weapon, you are embarking on a career of great sadness mixed with rare touches of glory,

Offline cas

• El Guapo
« Reply #1521 on: January 03, 2017, 05:08PM »
I undid the buttons on her jacket as I saw her chest starting to rise, like she was taking deep breaths, I figured that way she could breath more easily.  Then she started spitting blood from her nose and mouse.

I'm still trying to figure out why she was riding a bike with a mouse?

Was it in her pocket?  Or did it have it's own?
Attachments:

Offline cas

• El Guapo
« Reply #1522 on: January 03, 2017, 05:13PM »
I undid the buttons on her jacket as I saw her chest starting to rise, like she was taking deep breaths

Though that part of the story was hot.

Offline cas

• El Guapo
« Reply #1523 on: January 03, 2017, 05:15PM »
(See, I avoided the easy "mouse to mouse resuscitation" joke) ;)
Attachments:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:49PM by cas »

Offline xdguy

• El Guapo
  • Not missing NY Y'all
  • Liked: 646
« Reply #1524 on: January 03, 2017, 05:16PM »
Bravo doing the right thing :bravisimo
NEW YORK the Expired State
I'm gone thank you

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 1388
*bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #1525 on: January 03, 2017, 05:21PM »
Lol @ cas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 2601
« Reply #1526 on: January 03, 2017, 05:27PM »
Well, I had my own exciting day at the Post Office myself. Friday afternoon when I left work, I smelled wood burning outside. I figured someone nearby with a wood stove going. This morning when I came in through the front lobby, I again smelled something burning either just inside the lobby or outside. It smelled all morning, and was giving me a headache. I kept telling those in charge, there's something burning in the lobby or the ceiling. They are looked at me like I was crazy. Finally convinced them to call the FD. They came with 2 trucks, and all the equipment. They have some type of device to sniff out smoke. They went all around the post office, front lobby, outside, and on the roof, and couldn't find any fire. They suggested that maybe something behind the radiators may be burning.
So we called the service people for the heating system. They came about 3 hours later, and definitely smelled something in the radiator near the outside front wall. They found nothing in the radiator, but notice a small gap in the wall leading to the outside. So they went outside to where we have a crack in the front wall. There's a plant in a 1/2 wine barrel planter there. As soon as they moved the planter, there were burning embers coming off the bottom, then caught on fire. The FD had to come back and put out the fire in the planter. Apparently it was a slow burning peat fire, going since Friday afternoon. Someone probably threw a cigarette in there on Friday.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 06:15PM by Postal Bob »
Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!

Offline cas

• El Guapo
« Reply #1527 on: January 03, 2017, 05:52PM »
When you go in tomorrow start it back up again. 

That way it will be a.......

...come on....

.....you know.....

....a repeat fire!

:laughlol

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1528 on: January 03, 2017, 06:16PM »
Cas, you're on fire today for sure.  :rimshot

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1529 on: January 03, 2017, 06:23PM »
Wait until tomorrow when I start busting balls of the fire dept people I know. They initially showed up with 2 full size hook and ladder trucks, and at least 10 personnel. Some came into the PO with both axes and those giant pry bars, and of course the full oxygen tank setups. I thought they were going to start busting down walls. Even the police showed up, including the one who I personally know. And not one of them could find the source of the burning smell, even with their high tech smoke detecting gear. It took the 2 HVAC guys to locate it hours later.  :nono