forum

Author Topic: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*  (Read 272927 times)

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 1388
*bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2015, 10:21PM »

What year is your car? I have a 1 owner 1964 327/365hp

It's an 09 Coupe. Not nearly as cool as 64. Nice car!

Offline schweinhund

• Muy Guapo
  • AKA "SUNSHINE"
  • Liked: 168
Re: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2015, 10:30PM »
It was my Dads... RIP
He loved that car..and we were always working on it. He had me working on it when I was really young, before I could even drive watching over my shoulder, Its like he was training me to know everything about the car because he knew he would give it to me one day. I remember when I got my learners permit that sunday morning he woke me early and taught me to drive in that car. 4 wheel drum brakes and a munci 4 speed with a super heavy clutch and no power steering. He said if I could drive it with out stalling I could drive anything. He was right.
The best part of driving it now is I can feel him sitting next to me as I gun it down the road.

:sunshine
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:41PM by schweinhund »

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2015, 10:36PM »
That makes a special car even more special. I know you'll always cherish it.

Offline schweinhund

• Muy Guapo
  • AKA "SUNSHINE"
  • Liked: 168
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2015, 10:39PM »
I traded it for .22 ammo.  :laughlol

Just kidding... It has no monetary value to me, it actually costs me money every year. I will keep it forever and one day give it to my Daughter.

:sunshine

Offline cas

• El Guapo
  • The last of the V8 interceptors.
  • Liked: 2421
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2015, 10:51PM »
Well since it's the off topic, no topic thread...

<a href="http://youtu.be/gh1m0eC1004" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/gh1m0eC1004</a>
"Baseball's a game and games are supposed to be fun".-Jack Elliot

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2015, 10:59PM »
Cool video. That's what this thread is for.

While I live in a new town where everything was built in the past few years, you don't have to go far to see the old Texas.

This is near Cresson where they have some USPSA and 3 gun matches on someone's private ranch. The whole town looks like the building in the pic. Cool as heck.
Attachments:

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3843
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2015, 10:10AM »
I have been struggling with the idea of selling the BMW.  It is a 335 model 2008.  It is now 6 years old and although it has minor issues that need attention these are all expensive.  Before it was cool since I had the manufacturer and extended warranties.  But now I am on my own.  However, when I drive to work with it and I step on that gas, all my concerns melt away.  The excitement of having that twin turbo engine making the car feel like it has a big v8 is overwhelming.  For maybe 10 seconds or so, I feel like I got the POWER.  lol ... But dam the reality is that if one of those turbos goes belly up all I have is a gigantic paper weight.  So thinking of selling it and buying a little Honda or Toyota suv.  Something 4 cylinder and economical.  makes the most sense for my family, but dam I love that BMW... :'(
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2015, 10:14AM »
Adding insulation, an Oil to gas conversion heating system and a new bathroom going in this year, well puts me in a really tight budget for a long while. :(

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2015, 10:19AM »
but in the good news department.  Pee is back to normal color and the infection is gone.  My doctor called me and almost laughing told me how strange it was for a man to catch a bladder infection.  Well, by a very strange coincidence I recorded this front line episode where the talked about super bugs (antibody resistant bacteria).  In Flagstag Arizona there was a spike in Urinary Track Infections.  In an effort to identify where the infection was coming from, they found out that the meat, specifically, poultry was the source.  Guess what I have been cooking a lot of lately.  Yep Chicken.  I think I might had gone to the bathroom, did my business and then wash my hands.  But I must've transferred things to my one eye bald headed friend by then.  So now I am treating chicken like a biohazard (making sure I constantly wash my hands after contact) and making sure it is really well cooked.

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2015, 10:29AM »

I have been struggling with the idea of selling the BMW.  It is a 335 model 2008.  It is now 6 years old and although it has minor issues that need attention these are all expensive.  Before it was cool since I had the manufacturer and extended warranties.  But now I am on my own.  However, when I drive to work with it and I step on that gas, all my concerns melt away.  The excitement of having that twin turbo engine making the car feel like it has a big v8 is overwhelming.  For maybe 10 seconds or so, I feel like I got the POWER.  lol ... But dam the reality is that if one of those turbos goes belly up all I have is a gigantic paper weight.  So thinking of selling it and buying a little Honda or Toyota suv.  Something 4 cylinder and economical.  makes the most sense for my family, but dam I love that BMW... :'(

I'm convinced that cars like BMW, MB, and Audi should be leased. I would have the same concerns as you.

Offline xdguy

• El Guapo
  • Not missing NY Y'all
  • Liked: 646
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2015, 10:36AM »
That an Edsel in the back of the building? Just put the new summer tires on the Firebird, wife would love me to get rid of it, but have it now 11 years. Love to be able to turn it into a weekender only but not in the cards for now.
 Then again retirement VERY soon.
NEW YORK the Expired State
I'm gone thank you

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2015, 10:47AM »

That an Edsel in the back of the building?

It is

Offline xdguy

• El Guapo
  • Not missing NY Y'all
  • Liked: 646
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2015, 10:49AM »
No mistaking them that grill gives them away.
NEW YORK the Expired State
I'm gone thank you

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2015, 10:51AM »

Adding insulation, an Oil to gas conversion heating system and a new bathroom going in this year, well puts me in a really tight budget for a long while. :(

The gas conversion should pay for its self quickly.

Offline cas

• El Guapo
  • The last of the V8 interceptors.
  • Liked: 2421
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2015, 12:09PM »
"twin turbo"

One of the reason I bought my car was because the engine WASN'T the turbo charged version.
To me turbochargers are a cool idea I never want to own.  (never want to pay for when they go)

I've driven a car where the turbo was failing, though I didn't know it. Out in Utah driving to Colorado at 3AM, sleep deprived while my friends were asleep in the car. It was a 5 speed and at times I was having trouble getting it over 35 mph up hills. I couldn't make sense of it, half asleep. I thought maybe it was a fuel problem, altitude air mixture problem, heck I didn't know, I was barely awake.
3 days later it went completely and the new unit alone was $1800
(and that was 15 years ago)
"Baseball's a game and games are supposed to be fun".-Jack Elliot