forum

Author Topic: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*  (Read 203319 times)

SalR, hoodfu and 74 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 2553
Re: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #480 on: September 18, 2015, 07:29AM »
Godd luck with the new home.
Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3743
« Reply #481 on: September 18, 2015, 08:16AM »
Sounds great.  Congestion!
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Offline cas

• El Guapo
  • The last of the V8 interceptors.
  • Liked: 2405
« Reply #482 on: September 22, 2015, 07:28PM »
So dear.... what did you do today? 

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:58PM by cas »
"Baseball's a game and games are supposed to be fun".-Jack Elliot

Online sbninja

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 363
« Reply #483 on: September 22, 2015, 07:30PM »
 :horror
Capt. Adama - "There's a reason why you separate military and police. One fights the enemy of the state, the other serves and protects the people.
When the Military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."

Offline cas

• El Guapo
« Reply #484 on: September 22, 2015, 07:55PM »
Yesterday and today in fact. 90% of that was yesterday, today moved at a snails pace. Bad part is I won't get to work on it again till the weekend, by which time I'll have forgotten where most of it goes.

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #485 on: September 22, 2015, 07:56PM »
Take pictures as you go along...never worked for me, but who knows it may help you.

Offline cas

• El Guapo
« Reply #486 on: September 22, 2015, 08:10PM »
I did in the beginning, but as I got rolling it went by the wayside. Much of it wasn't something you could SEE, so there wasn't anything to photograph. I do wish I'd taken notes though, the steps.

We did much the same job on my father's other pickup truck a while back, though a much simpler job as a straight 4 cylinder. The thing there was, because of the time of year, weather, money etc etc, it was almost a year before we got it back together. Thank God I took a few photos of that, because I was lost trying to remember where brackets and things went.

Offline cas

• El Guapo
« Reply #487 on: September 22, 2015, 08:20PM »
I'm still torn and I still don't know what I'm doing. The passengers side exhaust manifold was cracked badly, but I never got to do it. I was getting ready to try it when this issue started. So I will do that when I change the head gasket, two birds with one stone.

In 10k miles the timing belt, tensioner and water pump are due to be changed. Rather than pull the whole front of the engine off again next spring, I'm doing it now. But that's a whole other can of worms. Trying to keep two things straight while doing both at the same time is a juggling act.

Now the common sense part of me says you have the engine puller apart, change both head gaskets, you don't want to have to do this again any time soon. BUT, considering the nightmare today turned out to be, I'm reconsidering.

Also... the drivers side upper catalyic converter is on it's last legs. Again common sense was saying change it when you have the head off, much much easier. But reality won out on that one... it's another $400 in parts that I just don't have. I'm already in now at close to $400 on parts and tools, charged onto a near maxed out credit card. So the cat will wait.

My plan was to see how today went. If changing the passengers side head gasket went easy enough, I'd do the drivers side. Though that means pulling the distributor and having to retime. But after today, I just don't know. I think I'm working on the easy side now. Yikes. 

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #488 on: September 22, 2015, 08:24PM »
Glad to see I could help you with your truck.   :D
Attachments:

Offline cas

• El Guapo
« Reply #489 on: September 22, 2015, 08:31PM »
You don't work nearly as well as Kroil, but the can was left on it's side and was empty. So I had to use dat shitty stuff.

Offline DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 1384
*bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #490 on: September 22, 2015, 08:55PM »
That doesn't look like fun.

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #491 on: September 23, 2015, 10:42AM »
So now, that the LIC is over, what to do ... Well it is not over.  Plenty of exciting matches coming our way:  Pro-Am, toy gun, idpa like, tactical rifle, two gun, 1911, and regular USPSA matches. 

So I have a mixture of things I have, but none enough to load for one match.  I have plenty of brass and powder for 40, but nor enough primers and no bullet heads.  Have plenty of bullet heads for 9mm, powder and brass but no primers.  Have lots of 45 acp brass, powder  but no bullet heads or primers.  Have brass for short colt, powder but no heads or primers.

Sounds to me primers is the next item I need to buy if I have to choose one.  Seems to me I am shooting production and open for what is left of the shooting season.

Thinking are we due for another Guapo trip?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:08AM by bob »

Online xdguy

• El Guapo
  • Not missing NY Y'all
  • Liked: 633
« Reply #492 on: September 23, 2015, 10:47AM »
Today is Yom Kippur the day of atonement, fast for a day, pray reflect on the previous year and ask for forgiveness.
  Know you all will not believe me but where I normally don't spend my time think about food and remind myself to eat. Today NOTHING else on my mind. :bigL
NEW YORK the Expired State
I'm gone thank you

Offline mando

• El Guapo
  • Just Some Random Guy
  • Liked: 541
« Reply #493 on: September 23, 2015, 11:53AM »
So dear.... what did you do today? 

Looks like you need a battery. No need to thank me.  :D
"Life is tough; it's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #494 on: September 23, 2015, 12:12PM »
Well, went to the orthopedic yesterday for my shoulder. As expected, he said it was bursitis, and gave me a cortisone shot. After getting over the pain of having him stick a needle in my shoulder socket, it's feeling much better now. Barely notice any discomfort. If only I was feeling like this Saturday, who knows how well I might've shot.  :wink
But now I'm looking foward to the Mid Atlantic match next month. So any matches leading up to it, I'll be shooting L10. But it'll be nice to actually shoot real limited in PA for the 1st time in over 2 years.