forum

Author Topic: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*  (Read 203299 times)

SalR, hoodfu and 74 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline cas

• El Guapo
  • The last of the V8 interceptors.
  • Liked: 2405
Re: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #870 on: March 02, 2016, 08:45PM »
 :rtThumb

"Baseball's a game and games are supposed to be fun".-Jack Elliot

Offline DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 1384
*bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #871 on: March 02, 2016, 09:13PM »
Nice

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3743
« Reply #872 on: March 02, 2016, 10:15PM »
Madam president.  Might just as well get used to it.  Trump is doing a heck of a job in taking serious voters away from the real candidates.  I like trump for the most part but he is not going to win.  His ego and his mouth will conspire against him between the nomination and voting day.  Trump is the best thing that ever happened to the Hillary campaign.  IMHO
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Offline mando

• El Guapo
  • Just Some Random Guy
  • Liked: 541
« Reply #873 on: March 03, 2016, 07:04AM »
So, I've been making a conscious effort the last few weeks to curb some weight. Unfortunately, no exercise as I just don't have the time. Just eating healthier and smaller portions.
So, yesterday, I pick up an aunt at the airport who I haven't seen in about a year and she says to me "Oh, you've put on a little belly.."  :shocked :rolleyes
I still love her, just a little less.  8)
"Life is tough; it's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 2553
« Reply #874 on: March 07, 2016, 03:09PM »
So, I watched the Republican debate again last night. It was torturous at best. Nothing but them attacking each other, well mostly attacking Trump. And Trump, not only attacking them, but interupting them constantly.
Trump to me is beginning to lose his appeal. Yes, he brought to light many issues others were afraid to challenge. He definitely got everyone's attention. But now when he's being asked to explain how he'll do things, all he does is refer back to how he's leading in this poll or that poll. When the debate focused on the 2A, Trump couldnt give a straight answer as to why he once supported an assault weapons ban. All talk, no substance.
And not that the others are too much better. Cruz, while he does explain how and what he'll do, he constantly tells you to go to his Web site, Tedcruz.org. I feel Ike I'm listening to an infomercial.
Rubio is starting to come on stronger. At first, I was leery of his inexperience, particularly because Obama was a young, inexperienced politician. But Rubio is beginning to sound more and more Presidential.
The main decision for me will be who do I think can beat Hillary. I no longer think it's Trump. Hillary will tear him apart. Now it's hoping Cruz or Rubio can secure enough delegates from this point on.

Btw, with the FBI giving immunity to one of Hillary's office worker, there is the possibility that charges will now be brought against her. Though actual prosecution lies with the Attorney General. But even if the AG decides not to prosecute, if the FBI presents enough evidence against Hillary, then she'll be damaged goods, and Sanders could take the Democratic nomination.
Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #875 on: March 07, 2016, 11:54PM »
What we are witnessing is the beginning of the Crowing of our Queen Hillary.  Prepare yourselves for the butchery of our 2a.  It is going to be  a witch hunt.   The Gestapo cometh ...  C:-)

Offline radioman

• Audiophyles
  • Muy Guapo
  • Probably banned in New York!
    • My Job
  • Liked: 205
« Reply #876 on: March 08, 2016, 09:37AM »
IMHO, I actually think Trump or the republican party  can win.
If pole numbers can be trusted, and hstory teaches us anything, there is one rather significant development.
Voter turn out.
ON the republican side voter turn out is at record highs, and no pun intended, "trumps"
democrat turnout by huge numbers.
Statistically this is significant.
The republican establishment needs to embrace what the people want and not what they want. Trump for one, scares the establishment. Whether they like itor not his message resonates with a large number of Americans. Time will tell.

When guns are outlawed,
 only outlaws will have guns!(maybe)

Offline cas

• El Guapo
  • The last of the V8 interceptors.
  • Liked: 2405
« Reply #877 on: March 08, 2016, 09:51AM »
Only if the Republican establishment doesn't torpedo the whole thing (which they are trying their damnedest to do) and gets voters to stay home. I think most of the usual players in the Republican party would rather have Hilary win than to have Trump win and upset the apple cart.
"Baseball's a game and games are supposed to be fun".-Jack Elliot

Offline radioman

• Audiophyles
  • Muy Guapo
  • Probably banned in New York!
    • My Job
  • Liked: 205
« Reply #878 on: March 08, 2016, 09:57AM »
Unfortunately CAS you may be right!

:cascrying
When guns are outlawed,
 only outlaws will have guns!(maybe)

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #879 on: March 08, 2016, 10:19AM »
It was the constant "business as usual", and maintaining the status que of the Republican party, that opened the door for Trump to come into play. For how many years now, have we been disappointed by a Republican we voted in, and then they go against what the party stands for? The term RINO didn't just come about out of nowhere. And yet, there is no such equivalent on the Democratic side, why? Simply because when you vote in a Democrat, you know exactly what you're getting, and what they'll do. On the other hand, you vote in a Republican, and it's a crap shoot, of whether they stick to their principles or not.
And so, that is the fustration people feel, and what Trump so carefully exploited.

Offline Wile E. Coyote

• Muy Guapo
  • Liked: 704
« Reply #880 on: March 08, 2016, 10:50AM »
IMHO, I actually think Trump or the republican party  can win.

I agree.  I know several Democrats that will vote Trump.  They don't want Hillary.  He brings the possibility to win some blue/purple states.  This can be seen in the states that have open primaries... they largely go to Trump. 

If the GOP is stupid enough to try to steal it from Trump or Cruz at the convention, it would be suicide for them. 

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #881 on: March 08, 2016, 10:56AM »
we are talking about Donald Trump. Correct?  The next president of these United States. 

I don't know. WWIII comes to mind. Nuclear war and the end of humanity as we know it comes to mind when I entertained this possibility.  Trump is voicing our discontent.  I get that.  But he scares the crap out of me.  I would actually vote for Hillary if he is the nominee ... Just for the safety of humanity alone.  Have you seen trump lose it, the stuff that comes out of his mouth.  Yeah that is going to go well with his dealings with Russia and the Middle East.  He can barely handle a reporter before he resorts to insults and ridicule ....  This is the guy in the apprentice and all the tabloids.  We are in so much trouble, a crisis of leadership never seen before IMO

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #882 on: March 08, 2016, 10:58AM »
It seems the Republican party thrives on political suicide. Remember the McCain/Palin duo?

Offline DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 1384
*bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #883 on: March 08, 2016, 11:19AM »
I gave up predicting elections after Obama won both times. I didn't consider him electable over anyone. Yet people voted him in twice. So I'm no help here.

Offline Wile E. Coyote

• Muy Guapo
  • Liked: 704
« Reply #884 on: March 08, 2016, 11:47AM »
I don't know. WWIII comes to mind. Nuclear war and the end of humanity as we know it comes to mind ....
Compared to what is happening under Obama: China building an island in the pacific and arming it; Europe invaded by "refugees"... (Britain is voting on whether to leave EU in June);  North Korea building and testing nukes;   Russia doing... well, pretty much whatever the heck they please... and that doesn't even included Obama's domestic policies.  :panicAy!

Despite all the main stream media (and GOP) scare tactics against Trump (and Cruz), I'll take my chances with either. 

But just in case, can we set a Guapo Bunker?