forum

Author Topic: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*  (Read 362891 times)

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3887
Re: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #1140 on: June 11, 2016, 04:57PM »
I have a guy who can do it for less than 20k.  But he does not have all the licenses and he has done work for another bathroom, in my previous house.  But that means I am going to have to get a plumber and electrician with licenses to run everything for him.  I wanted to avoid all of that, but suddenly that looks very appealing.  There is just simply no way to justify 70k. 

For electricity and plumbing I am at 5-6k .... The rest, buying a regular toilette, vanity and ceramic tiles from different places I am looking at 2-3k.  3k more on construction materials (wonder boards, screws, Sheetrock, ....) round things up to 12k, I pay my guy 10k to do the work.  And add 3k for unexpected costs.  That is 25k.  I was willing to pay 30-35k to this company to save me the headaches.  But 70k... Even if the bathroom looked amazing after the 70k was spent, how can that room compare to the rest of my house.  But what the heck am I saying... I don't even have 35k to spend... Maybe that was my first problem. Lol
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 1391
*bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #1141 on: June 11, 2016, 07:25PM »
I personally wouldn't pull permits for a bathroom remodel. Only an extension or pool, but everyone is different. 25k stills seems quite expensive.

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 2620
« Reply #1142 on: June 11, 2016, 08:34PM »
$70K!  :shocked  That's 1/2 of what it cost me to buy my house. All so you can take a crap and a shower near your bed?  :D
Keep it simple, and invest in one of these:

Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1143 on: June 12, 2016, 12:01PM »
I wish I could had recorded it. This guy was throwing $500 charges here and there like it was Monopoly money.  Get this I was even paying for supervisor and manager visits.  Oh he was not even planning to get permits.  So he was going to be policing himself and I had to pay for that peace of mind. 

I really wanted to give him a piece of my mind at that point, but I was dumbed stroke by the $70k and I just wanted to get out of there. 

I am not sure what gave him the idea we were that type of customer.  Was it the new ikea couch in the living room or the Rolex watch i have never owned ... Wtf?

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1144 on: June 12, 2016, 12:05PM »
It is crazy

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1145 on: June 12, 2016, 12:58PM »
I am not sure what gave him the idea we were that type of customer.  Was it the new ikea couch in the living room or the Rolex watch i have never owned ... Wtf?

No, it's your $1million pool out back with the dancing dolphins and mermaid in it.

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1146 on: June 19, 2016, 05:21PM »
It's smoked meat Sunday.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 05:37PM by DM »

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1147 on: June 19, 2016, 06:11PM »
I'm doing my smoke meat the lazy way. We're eating at a rib place for Father's day.

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1148 on: June 19, 2016, 06:37PM »
Hope your enjoying Father's Day!

That's is easier and not much more expensive. But this is country life...

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1149 on: June 19, 2016, 06:46PM »
I was riding jetski and the canoe today.  It is going to cost me money.  I put a nice dent on the haul of the jetski.  there was something close to the shore I rode over... Nothing major but I have to take it in for a patch :(

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1150 on: June 19, 2016, 07:00PM »
That certainly sucks. But I had friends with compound fractures and dental reconstructive surgery from jetski accidents so overall not so bad.

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1151 on: June 19, 2016, 07:35PM »
my jetski only make 47-50mph top speed... But since there is no brake, I do see your point.  I ride mine maybe once or twice in the summer.  It was our first step into getting a nice little boat later on if we really like to be on the water.  towing the jetski, getting it into the water, cleaning and putting it away, then maintenance and repair and we are no longer boating people.  Add to that we built the pool in the back and it was over as far as our aspirations to be that kind of a family.

but I do enjoying riding that little sucker once in a while.  It is the closest thing to a bike La Jefa will let me ride.

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1152 on: June 19, 2016, 08:35PM »
A nice Father's day indeed

<a href="http://youtu.be/Lg-JHGOakFA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/Lg-JHGOakFA</a>

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1153 on: June 19, 2016, 08:45PM »
Looks like fun. I practically wore out a 1996 Kawasaki ZXI900 and loved every minute of it. My most memorable experiences were getting knocked off by a wave in the rockaway inlet during a tropical storm and taking 10+ min to find the ski in 7-10' waves. A second time was following a tanker so off shore jumping his wake that we lost sight of land.

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1154 on: June 19, 2016, 08:47PM »
4.5 hrs later