forum

Author Topic: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*  (Read 203294 times)

SalR, hoodfu and 74 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline cas

• El Guapo
  • The last of the V8 interceptors.
  • Liked: 2405
Re: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #1545 on: January 08, 2017, 09:25PM »
Well I just listed it over yonder.  Doh!   I didn't bother over here, I figure you guys have enough 1911's.  Though Keepkool may only have 2 or 3 STI's and might want to add another to the pile.
If you want it I'll knock $1.35 off the price.

Of course if this sells I'll have to list the rest of my .308 for sale.  Who wants battle packs!?
"Baseball's a game and games are supposed to be fun".-Jack Elliot

Offline Wile E. Coyote

• Muy Guapo
  • Liked: 704
« Reply #1546 on: January 08, 2017, 09:42PM »
Nice looking gun...  tempting, but way too many expenses this past month to even consider it.

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3743
« Reply #1547 on: January 08, 2017, 09:50PM »
Yesterday amidst all the snowing La Jefa reminded me we had plans to visit my father-in-law that day.  So the muchachos got ready and I followed suit.  I proudly looked at my Burro and says... well today we are going to test those big 4x4 wheels... We got on the road, I manually set things to 4x4 and was cruising along.  As I laughed maniacally at the smoothness of my beloved Burro's ride, I started to see a bunch of not so nimble-on-the-snow little tiny cars sliding about, like turds in a pool.  I panic -- No puede ser, this pendejos can slide into and slammed against my beloved Burro.  I turned around, got back to the rancho.  Brewed a nice cup of coffee and got right back down into the Guapo Cave to watch glorious battles of yesterday's past, between El Guapo and Evil.  Burro safe and sound in his little corral ... muy bueno.
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Offline DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 1384
*bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #1548 on: January 08, 2017, 10:16PM »
The winter sickness? or just the sickness.

Today's version is sitting here scheming about selling my STI Trojan to buy a Les Baer. Why? I dunno. I've wanted one for a while and figure I'm another year closer to death, so why put it off.

But it's not like the Trojan isn't doing what I ask of it. (which is almost nothing). But I've been doing this off and on all day.

So I'm sitting at my computer with my STI on my chest fighting with myself....  calm down, put it back in the safe and let it pass.  Or take the Infinity trigger out, put the factory grips and grip safety back on, take some pics and list it on the other sight. Breath....  remain calm.... 

(I'd still have to come up with another $1000-$1400, which for someone drowning in debt is no small thing)

It's an evil hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1549 on: January 08, 2017, 10:21PM »
Attachments:

Offline cas

• El Guapo
« Reply #1550 on: January 08, 2017, 10:27PM »
That frightens me Bob, people who have four wheel drive but forget they don't have four wheel stop cause a lot of accidents. 

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1551 on: January 08, 2017, 10:35PM »
yep, stopping proved tricky at times ...

Offline DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 1384
*bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #1552 on: January 08, 2017, 10:53PM »
It's a bit hilly where you live as well which certainly makes things more difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cas

• El Guapo
« Reply #1553 on: January 08, 2017, 10:59PM »
I was heading home from the wedding last night going down nichols road, maybe 25 mph. There seemed to be nobody behind me, and there was a mini van about 60-70 yards ahead of me. Out of the blue they decide to slow way down hit their brakes!? Why I have no idea. So I drop it into low, tap the brakes and the next thing you know I'm going sideways. While exciting, it was no big deal, I made an easy correction and straightened it out. HOWEVER, what I didn't know was some asshole in a white Hummer was coming. I saw his headlights in my side window during the skid. He honked his horn and blew by me at about 50 mph. "Hey, I've got four wheel drive, I can drive like an asshole!"  lol

My father called me later to make sure I'd gotten home okay. He said the only trouble he had was when some idiot passed him on the right shoulder, driving a white 4x4. (same guy)

Offline cas

• El Guapo
« Reply #1554 on: January 08, 2017, 11:01PM »
It's a bit hilly where you live as well which certainly makes things more difficult.

My father lives on a court and has a fairly steep driveway. He had a new experience today. Last night he pulled into the bottom half of the driveway. When he got up today his car was gone. In the night it had slide down the driveway and into the court. (of course in the way of the plow trucks, they must have been cursing him)

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1555 on: January 08, 2017, 11:38PM »
LOL.... Lots of black ice today... I managed to get to my father-in-law today with no issues.  But I had to keep reminding myself those patches of wet road, was actually ice.  drove most of the trip on the middle lane/s ...

My father-in-law lives in Yonkers, a nice long trip.  He is a really good guy a pleasure to see him, worth the trip.

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 2553
« Reply #1556 on: January 09, 2017, 06:47AM »
4X4 is useless on ice. Take it from someone who's gone sideways into the woods once with his truck. The loose, powdery snow we got this weekend, makes for the most slippery conditions. Especially on a severely frozen road surface. It's like throwing talcum powder on a wooden floor, and walking in your socks over it. And the bigger your vehicle, the harder it is to stop.
Much better traction when it's sloppy snow out there.
Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 2553
« Reply #1557 on: January 09, 2017, 08:08PM »
So, I've been looking the last 2-3 weeks for a new truck. Actually now, a 2016 leftover. Never has my dealings with car dealers been so frustrating. They will hardly budge on price. I literally walked out of 3 dealers with several thousands in my pocket for a down payment. It has to be the NY mentality of ripping off people as much as they can. For I've contacted several dealers in PA, and have gotten better offers. Just not ready to drive out to PA to make a deal. And of course I'll be trading my old truck in. It's almost 12 years old, with 146,000 miles on it. I know I can get more selling on my own, but don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with people coming over and having to show the truck to them, especially during the winter. It needs new tires, and when I put it in 4wd now, it was making a lot of noise like the transfer case or front drive shaft. So I'd rather not sink money into it when I was planning on buying a new truck soon anyway. Just didn't think I'd be looking this time of year. Might've found one that I can live with, though I'll be spending more than I hoped too.

Btw Cas, want to buy a real nice looking 2005 Dodge Dakota? Special Guapo pricing available.   :money
Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1558 on: January 09, 2017, 08:27PM »
They have your information now.  Right now they don't want you as much ... Just wait for that phone call... They will be more open to deal in a little while.  They will call you with "I just found a special program and I thin we can fit you in and meet your budget". ... It is a game.  They know people start shopping now for clearance stuff ... Just wait

Offline cas

• El Guapo
« Reply #1559 on: January 09, 2017, 08:28PM »
If it's more that $600 I'm out. Not that I have $600

I do have .308 brass.