forum

Author Topic: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*  (Read 413410 times)

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 2649
Re: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #1650 on: February 22, 2017, 12:05PM »
Woke up this morning feeling like I've been run over by a truck. Most of the signs of the flu. Figured I might've picked it up being in the hospital with all the sick people there. So went to my regular doctor first. He said I don't have the flu. Might've picked up a small virus. But he thinks it's all from the kidney stone still there causing an obstruction. He said definitely go to the urologist, which I already have scheduled for later. He said they may have to fish it out if it's causing blockage.  :shocked I know what that means, and how they do it. Just ask Shakey!   :panicAy!
Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3950
« Reply #1651 on: February 22, 2017, 05:58PM »
Peed like a champ this morning... no hands and all in the bowl.  :woohoo
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1652 on: February 22, 2017, 07:03PM »
The urologist said I most likely have an infection due to the stone stuck in place. The blood test results tomorrow will confirm for sure. He said if I don't pass it by Friday, I'll have to go in for the procedure to remove it. I asked, "by ultrasound"? He said no, we go in thru your .... and take it out!  :shocked :shocked :shocked Holy crap! I said, you will put me out for the procedure, right? Thankfully he said yes.   :phew

Offline DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 1405
*bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #1653 on: February 22, 2017, 08:04PM »
I had to have a bladder inspection done many years ago. Awful procedure. Glad they are putting you out for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Wile E. Coyote

• Muy Guapo
  • Liked: 712
« Reply #1654 on: February 22, 2017, 10:14PM »
Bob - I think you must help PB with a little Guapo-Urology... all you need is your smart phone and this:

https://www.amazon.com/BlueFire-Android-Endoscope-Phones-Function/dp/B013HZCYXK

Bring your Dremel too... you'll need it once you locate the stone.

Good luck.

Offline xdguy

• El Guapo
  • Not missing NY Y'all
  • Liked: 673
« Reply #1655 on: February 23, 2017, 09:40AM »
Good luck tomorrow
NEW YORK the Expired State
I'm gone thank you

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1656 on: February 23, 2017, 09:47AM »
Doctors office called this morning, and they already want to schedule me for the procedure. And I was like whoa! I asked what were the results of the blood and urine test they did? They didn't have those back yet. And I'm not feeling the pain like I was, so how do you know the stone is still there, and I didn't pass it without seeing it? They didn't know. I said, before you go sticking some probe up my pecker looking for a stone, you better make absolutely certain it's still there. They said they'll get back to me.  :diosmio3
I don't like any doctor that's rushing to do some procedure on me, without knowing the absolute facts. They better do another ct scan, or sonogram, or whatever first, to make sure I still have a blockage. Don't just go probing looking for something that may not even be there! I know how I was after the hernia surgery. And even though this is not surgery, I anticipate my body will react in similar ways to the procedure, and I'll be in excruciating pain afterwards.
Plus the fact the procedure wouldn't be scheduled until next week! So, if it's so urgent that I have this procedure, why wait until next week, rather than immediately? None of it makes sense to me. I'm sensing a doctor that wants to rush into things, and yet doesn't have all the facts to back it.

Offline catahwho

• El Guapo
  • Liked: 247
« Reply #1657 on: February 23, 2017, 11:46AM »
I was, so how do you know the stone is still there, and I didn't pass it without seeing it? They didn't know.

The one thing they do know is how much $$$$$ they get for doing the procedure regardless of your outcome. One must be very proactive when dealing with their health care provider.
I had the procedure done last September. Urologist insisted on it after trace amounts of blood detected in urine during a routine physical exam. My self diagnosis was it was due to intensive exercise including lifting 350 lbs  on incline leg press and dead lift with high reps/sets. The procedure showed negative results. The doctors dismissed what I had to say. I curtailed the weight lifting and subsequent blood tests also were negative. Many doctors like all people only know what they know, become grounded, and DO NOT look outside the box.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:25PM by catahwho »

Offline cas

• El Guapo
  • The last of the V8 interceptors.
  • Liked: 2448
« Reply #1658 on: February 23, 2017, 12:03PM »
I don't like any doctor that's rushing to do some procedure on me...

One of the guys who works for me had kidney stones this year. They did something to try and get rid of the and it didn't work. So they tried it again and it didn't work. So they had to operate.  Apparently the doctor was in a rush to go on vacation because he missed a few. He needed to go back into surgery. But at this point no other doctor would touch him so his doctor had to come home from vacation to do the emergency surgery.
"Baseball's a game and games are supposed to be fun".-Jack Elliot

Offline SalR

• Gran Jefe
  • Young Gun
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #1659 on: February 23, 2017, 02:00PM »
Called Nassau since its 6 months + a little into the process, and I was told I'm just waiting on the Commanding Officers approval/signature.

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1660 on: February 23, 2017, 03:33PM »
Called Nassau since its 6 months + a little into the process, and I was told I'm just waiting on the Commanding Officers approval/signature.
That, is what really takes the longest! The head(s) of the PLB are usually very pro 2A, and have been processing applications very quickly. But once those applications head upstairs for final approval, they hit a major hurdle. The Commanding Officer and Chief of Police are both very anti 2A. And one of them is a woman, so you're looking at basically another Kathleen Rice in her 2A stance. Though they will have to eventually sign off on the applications, unless there are some extenuating circumstances to prevent them from issuing you a license, they will take their sweet time about it. A woman in such power, loves to exert her dominance over others.

Young Gun, go meet with her, and show her how you've been working out. Make sure you're clean shaven, and put on some cologne. And wear those special tight pants you have. You'll have your license in no time, and maybe a night to remember.  :in-love:

Offline mando

• El Guapo
  • Just Some Random Guy
  • Liked: 552
« Reply #1661 on: February 23, 2017, 04:49PM »
Grow some breasts and wear a skirt! My wife got hers in like 9 days after her interview.
"Life is tough; it's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1662 on: February 23, 2017, 06:17PM »
Grow some breasts and wear a skirt! My wife got hers in like 9 days after her interview.
The Commanding Officer and Chief of Police are both very anti 2A. And one of them is a woman, so you're looking at basically another Kathleen Rice in her 2A stance.
Hmm, forgot that the woman in charge may go the other way.  :laughlol

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1663 on: February 25, 2017, 04:54PM »
Update: spent another night in the hospital last night. Starting getting tremendous pain in my abdomen, and was not going to the bathroom for 2 days. What I did find out today, is that the kidney stone I have is too large to pass naturally. Somehow this important point was not stressed upon by the hospital last week, or the urologist I went to. They both talked about how to keep drinking water and see if I pass it , then go in for the procedure. Well, the woman doctor today gave me a visual, and said look at her pearl earrings, that's about the size of the stone. I was like holy crap! I could never pass such a stone, and would've been asking for the procedure right away. And then I called the urologist, who was filling in for my regular urologist, that he didn't explain things to me carefully. He talked so fast, and in medical terms, that it just turned me off and put the caution in me. After his snippy response, he said my regular doctor is returning today, I won't be dealing with him anymore, and I can now deal with my regular doctor. No wonder people don't trust some doctors. All knowledge, no personality.
Anyways the regular doctor called this afternoon, and we had a thorough conversation. He explained everything that is happening, and what is needed. I'm going in hopefully Monday if he can get it scheduled. He will use a laser to zap it, but then needs to put in a temporary stint. The stint part from what I've heard is the painful part. Painful urination until it's removed. Then hopefully 5 days later he takes it out. I'm not looking forward to it, but at least I'm completely educated about it now.
Shakey I feel your pain, or soon will what you went through when you had the stint.

Offline Wile E. Coyote

• Muy Guapo
  • Liked: 712
« Reply #1664 on: February 25, 2017, 05:08PM »
Wow PB ... sorry to hear about your ordeal with the doc's and stone.  Good luck with everything.