forum

Author Topic: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*  (Read 362870 times)

Online DM

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 1391
*bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #1680 on: February 27, 2017, 10:50PM »
And of course I'd have to figure a way to pay my bills on 1/3 or whatever pay. And since full pay isn't covering them now....

It gets a whole lot easier once you move out of the downstate NY area. I'd personally leave, but upstate NY is a really nice area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 2620
Re: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #1681 on: February 28, 2017, 04:46AM »
I really need to get out of my job. When I finally got home after 8pm last night, after getting there at 10am, I had a message on my phone recorder. It was work calling. Not asking how I was, if I survived, etc., but telling me they didn't hear from me or the doctor, or receiving the fax from the doctor with the letter of explanation of my absence.   :beatingyourself They knew I was going in for the procedure. And the doctor said he would see how I was after the procedure, to see how long I'd be out. He'll be sending it to them today. And I'm not going back to work until after next Tuesday when the stent comes out! Fuck them at work! Even if I felt better, I wouldn't go back early.  :muyenojado I have almost 1 years worth of accumulated sick time. These are the times I saved it for, when I was older and would really need it. This is the reason people really do go postal at the post office against management.
Plus the fact that we used to have 5 clerks working, until 2 retired the past month. And guess how many they hired so far? Zero! So everyone is being overworked as it is. And when I was out last week, one of the other clerks went home sick, leaving just one for the day. And the woman who went home sick, rarely ever calls in sick unless she is practically dying. But it's expected people will be getting sicker. They had her coming in at 4am, and staying sometimes until 3-30pm. There's only so much a body can endure. And that's why I'm in no rush to get back, and seriously considering retiring next year. I told them at work, they're the ones pushing me to early retirement.

Btw, the fact I'm up at 4am writing this, is I'm all F'cked up. Between pissing fire and blood, I've been nauseous all night.
Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3887
« Reply #1682 on: February 28, 2017, 07:01AM »
Try not to take it personally. Most jobs do the same thing.  This is why if you have time to burn, then burn it.  Don't be a hero, it is not worth it.

I remember this coworker who pride himself on working harder than everyone.  He worked late nights, volunteered for all kind of craziness, weekend work; you name it he would do it.  He had trophies, awards, pictures of him and the CEO shaking hands while receiving some of those awards.  I tell ya, I took pity of that other coworker who had to fit all those awards in that brown box for him, once he got laid off. 

I also remember another coworker who had a triple bypass.  And HR was most interested in knowing when he was coming back.  They wanted a set date from him, something the doctors could not even give him.

Oh and these days, companies take life insurance on every employee to cover themselves for loss of productivity in the event you meet your demise.  And your loved ones get zero from said life insurance.

It is nothing personal.  It is just business.
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Offline cas

• El Guapo
  • The last of the V8 interceptors.
  • Liked: 2432
« Reply #1683 on: February 28, 2017, 07:32AM »
I have a new problem with my time at work, happened to a smaller degree last spring but never before. Having responsibilities makes me less prone to calling in. Heck I used to wake up 10 minutes late and call in. (then usually 30 minutes later I'd be wide awake and thinking "why did you do that?" Now I always show up and I'm accruing all kinds of time. In November I used 48 hours on my non hunting trip vacation. Then gave away 48 hours in some heath insurance pay down buy back thing, just because I had to much time. When I had the flu, I used vacation time just to use it up because I have to be below 320 hours by April first. But because of my anniversary and so many years, I get extra time!  I got 26 hours of annual leave yesterday! Which I will have to use up in 30 days. lmao (which is why I mentioned helping Rick for March Madness)

Sick time...  I'm getting close to 300 hours. (but I should really have like 1300 hours after all these years) lol. But that's probably never been so high either.
"Baseball's a game and games are supposed to be fun".-Jack Elliot

Offline xdguy

• El Guapo
  • Not missing NY Y'all
  • Liked: 658
« Reply #1684 on: February 28, 2017, 10:46AM »
When I retired got paid for 210 days at two for one, of course that is taxed at non earned income and the highest rate. But still it's found money.
NEW YORK the Expired State
I'm gone thank you

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1685 on: February 28, 2017, 12:03PM »
We don't get paid for our sick leave, but get 50% credit as years worked toward our retirement annuity. Still have to meet the minimum actual years worked of 30 years, and 55 years old. But I'll get an additional 6 months credit on my pension. And you have to use any accumulated vacation time or lose it.
Under the old system, those hired before 1975, didn't get any credit. So someone nearing retirement, with a lot of accumulated sick time, would just be calling in sick like every Friday and Monday. And taking off extended sick times every so often. And there really wasn't much the PO could do discipline wise. By the time they go through all the verbal warnings required, then the multiple written warnings required, before the can actually suspend the person for any time, they were retired. So you basically didn't see much of a person who was within 6-12 months of retiring. The PO finally got a little smart, and started giving some credit for accumulated sick time.

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1686 on: February 28, 2017, 05:43PM »
The more I read post of late, we are starting to sound like grumpy old man.  Complaining about this and that ailment and talking about retirement.

Our president is 70 years old.  Healthy like a bull, enthusiastic and with levels of energy that should put you youngins in your 40s and 50s to shame.

:guapotrump

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1687 on: February 28, 2017, 06:04PM »
That's because we didn't marry gorgeous foreign born models, 25 years younger than us. Let me know if you'd still be who you are now, if you married someone like Melania years ago.  :thinking

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1688 on: February 28, 2017, 07:49PM »
Maybe that is why I am in such good health :D

Online catahwho

• El Guapo
  • Liked: 247
« Reply #1689 on: March 01, 2017, 05:22PM »
Maybe that is why we have huge deficits  :D

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1690 on: March 01, 2017, 05:48PM »
True that

Offline SalR

• Gran Jefe
  • Young Gun
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #1691 on: March 03, 2017, 12:30AM »
Just found Tapatalk so I'll be on the forum more. (Hopefully)
I start shooting 6:50am tomorrow!! Wish me luck!

I met the assistant chief she was extremely friendly, but never talked about anything 2A. With my interview for when I went to intern with the legal bureau, the person that interviewed me said something along the lines of "I understand that people have a right to firearms, but I disagree with it heavily and cannot understand why anyone would want to own a gun."

Other than that she was very nice too. Usually you stay away from politics during an interview, but maybe putting that I'm a chief range officer on my resume isn't the smartest?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline SalR

• Gran Jefe
  • Young Gun
« Reply #1692 on: March 03, 2017, 12:32AM »
Good luck with the procedure PB. Unless it passed already then have a speedy recovery!!!

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #1693 on: March 03, 2017, 09:13AM »
No "Chief Range Officer" implies a position of power that they have no idea of, though we know better.  :wink It shows you are serious about firearms and the handling and safety of them, and are not just someone looking to have a gun.

Had the procedure this past Monday, and am still recovering. Only in slight discomfort now from having this thing in me for days. Comes out Monday, and they say all pain and discomfort should go away after that.

Offline SalR

• Gran Jefe
  • Young Gun
« Reply #1694 on: March 03, 2017, 10:28AM »
No "Chief Range Officer" implies a position of power that they have no idea of, though we know better.  :wink It shows you are serious about firearms and the handling and safety of them, and are not just someone looking to have a gun.

Had the procedure this past Monday, and am still recovering. Only in slight discomfort now from having this thing in me for days. Comes out Monday, and they say all pain and discomfort should go away after that.
OK sounds good
And yea