Author Topic: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*  (Read 362908 times)

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 2620
Re: *bar -> random chitchat thread <- bar*
« Reply #2655 on: April 18, 2019, 01:27PM »
Hey, you're too young for that stuff!   :wink
Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!

Offline SalR

• Gran Jefe
  • Young Gun
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #2656 on: April 18, 2019, 02:25PM »
almost 24!

Offline cas

• El Guapo
  • The last of the V8 interceptors.
  • Liked: 2432
« Reply #2657 on: April 18, 2019, 04:52PM »
"Baseball's a game and games are supposed to be fun".-Jack Elliot

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3887
« Reply #2658 on: April 19, 2019, 12:39PM »
Pence says we are going to the moon in 2024.  Also scientist want to explore the South Pole of the moon which they think there could be ice.

We went there in 1969-1972

7 times and landed 6 times

2019 we want to explore the moon.  Oh now we have concerns regarding the level of radiation on the moon surface.  —- what?  Wait didn’t we bring rocks and why it never occurred to any one to hit the poles?  On the radiation ...? 

If there ever has been a conspiracy theory that keeps getting fueled is the one where we faked the moon landings... and with good reason... after all those landings why are we so ignorant of our closest planet.  And yes the moon can be consider a planet if it were not because it rotates around us.  It is the left over of early earth and a rogue planet billions of years ago
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #2659 on: April 19, 2019, 01:00PM »
I am not saying I believe we didn’t go.  But I read stuff like this and it just brings me to that dark place where most conspiracy theorists thrive in.

Offline hoodfu

• Muy Guapo
  • Boom
  • Liked: 355
« Reply #2660 on: April 19, 2019, 01:10PM »
I've watched quite a few shows that have talked about the pictures that we took and the science of it all, and everything even to this day lines up with all of the evidence, which is that it wasn't faked. I think we're only interested in going there now because countries like China and India are suddenly starting to use all that outsourcing money we keep giving them. They're not sitting still on this, and we don't want to miss out, for when China declares that the moon is now their new military base.

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #2661 on: April 19, 2019, 01:21PM »
But if it was Of such importance, why stopped when we had it all figured out.  Why 2024?  That is 5 years into the future.  If we are to build the same rocket with the same equipment it should not take 5 years to do.  Now we have better manufacturing processes, super computers and better rockets.  Add to that our previous success rate.   Russia only managed to send unmanned vehicles before they scrapped their program.  If it was of such strategic interest to militarized the moon why didn’t we do it when we had the monopoly on moon landings.   Instead we built a space station barely 200- 300 miles above the surface of earth and spent billions on the space shuttle program to support it and to place other satellites around the same altitude.  Why not built the space station even further up and push it to the moon.  Make it into a satellite of the moon and have the space shuttle service it there.  If anything it could be used as stopping station to go to mars. 

I have to believe the Hubble  telescope would had been best placed as a moon satellite not only for scientific observation but for military use as well..

I don’t know but since 1972 manned flight and explorationhas been bound to a 400 miles ceiling... it confounds me

« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 01:28PM by bob »

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #2662 on: April 19, 2019, 02:41PM »
Got an email this morning from NYS tax division, saying there's been a change to my tax return I filed, and to log in to view the change. I filed back in beginning of February, and figured it was a scam email. But then this afternoon I got a letter from them saying the same thing. It didnt look like anything was changed, and I thought maybe someone tried to file a false return using my information, and of course it would be rejected.
When I called, they said they were getting phone calls all day from others about these letters. Supposedly through a computer error, a lot of returns were reprocessed by their computer. And if you aready filed a return, it rejected this reproceesed return, and the letters are automatically generated. So once again NYS screws up.
So if you get a letter from NYS about changes to your return, it's probably from this computer error, and there's nothing wrong with the return you filed.

Offline cas

• El Guapo
« Reply #2663 on: April 19, 2019, 05:59PM »
But if it was Of such importance, why stopped when we had it all figured out.

Perhaps my favorite commercial ever. Subtle.

Offline xdguy

• El Guapo
  • Not missing NY Y'all
  • Liked: 658
« Reply #2664 on: April 21, 2019, 08:55PM »
And now enter the Twilight zone. Imagine walking into Home Depot to by something, you walk to hardware thinking it's there but can't find it. So you walk up to the employee there and ask where the item is.
 He says it's not here it's in another aisle in another department and WALKS you over to the employee of that department, who then walks you over to where it is.....
 Welcome to North Carolina. Still after 4 months not used to it.
NEW YORK the Expired State
I'm gone thank you

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #2665 on: April 22, 2019, 09:31AM »
Lowe’s is giving them a run for their money now. Their new ceo was the ceo of jc penny .  So he is implementing that level of costumer service in Lowe’s.  Home Depot is trying to keep up by doing what they used to do back when.  I remember when Ace hardware was like that.  What a breath of fresh air, people going out of their way to help.  Now Ace is the worst of the bunch.  Understaffed and with people with attitudes

Btw how about the cashiers?  By me all replaced by self checkout stations :(

Offline xdguy

• El Guapo
  • Not missing NY Y'all
  • Liked: 658
« Reply #2666 on: April 22, 2019, 09:38AM »
Lowe's has 2 stores by me and they are the same way, BTW the main supermarket here is Lowe's. Not the same company just same name. Was told here part of the requirements for employment. All stores basically have 4 self-service kiosks but at least 2 cashiers.
NEW YORK the Expired State
I'm gone thank you

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #2667 on: April 22, 2019, 08:02PM »
As I write this I'm in Belfonte, PA. I came here to get my non-resident carry permit. Originally I was going to do it in a 1 day round trip. It's a little over 4 hrs each way, no traffic. I figure I'd leave between 5-6 am to avoid the horror of traffic going through the Bronx. But last minute I decided not to kill myself, and just leave midday, and stay overnight in a cheap motel. Well, checking traffic this morning, there was almost an hour delay going through the Bronx at 9am, 10am, 11am, noon. WTF! Is there ever a time of no traffic, other than 3am? So I left at noon. An hour delay going through the Bronx. My gps took me all over, including upper Manhatten to avoid traffic. But I figured, so what, I'll still get there in time to check out some gun stores. Then on I-80 in PA, traffic came to a stop! A tractor trailer was on fire on the side of the road, in a spot where there was little to no shoulder. Everyone turned off there cars/trucks, got out of their vehicles, and stood next to them. About 45 minutes later, we started to move. I didn't arrive in town until 6:45. Almost 7 hours of traveling, with an ocassional restroom stop.

Thank goodness I didn't try to do it in a one day trip!   :diosmio  Tomorrow morning I'll get my permit when they open at 8:30, and then check out some gun stores here.

Offline cas

• El Guapo
« Reply #2668 on: April 22, 2019, 08:21PM »
WTF! Is there ever a time of no traffic...

My father always asks me, "What's a good time to leave to avoid the traffic?"  I say... 1957?

I once sat in the same spot on the highway for over three hours in the middle of the night in Oklahoma. Never found out what the accident was, but it must have been pretty bad.  Shut the car off, walked around a while, talked with other drivers, sat for about an hour... then eventually fell asleep. Woke up to the sound of an air horn behind me. Snapped awake, hit the key and moving in about 4 seconds. lmao

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #2669 on: April 23, 2019, 07:18AM »
ila_renderedAs the first step to normalize relations between Canada and the Village of Santo Poco I decided  to pay a visit
Attachments: