al

Author Topic: 4/14 red alert!!! Evil is embattled  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Li02liberty

• Gran Jefe
  • Liked: 55
Re: 4/14 red alert!!! Evil is embattled
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2019, 03:43PM »
Got shut out of 5!!! It was full so I will Be fighting evil from squad 7

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 2439
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2019, 08:08PM »
Everyone wants to shoot with the Guapos. It's getting harder and harder to stay together, as these matches are getting more popular. I really think it may be time for them to hold matches on Saturday also.
Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!

Offline JeffP

• El Guapo
  • Adopt a pet/save a life... Pass it on!
  • Liked: 862
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2019, 12:37PM »
Everyone wants to shoot with the Guapos. It's getting harder and harder to stay together, as these matches are getting more popular. I really think it may be time for them to hold matches on Saturday also.

The matches have exploded this year. It kills me to see 30+ people every week not get in but we started the year holding matches both days last year. We had 72 people in April and 63 in June so I called it quits. It spread my guys thin and didnít work because no one steepped up to help and or shoot on Saturday. I needed ROís to step up and they simply didnít. I even watched you personally squad in squad one and not take the lead at least a couple times when the Guapo squad was thin. On top of the fact that squad one never splits up and is always members only. My squad would split in 2 or 3 and shoot both days trying to make it work, but it simply didnít. When the work is work and doesnít lead to any fun, itís sinply not worth the effort.
"We ride together, we die together. Bad boys for life."

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2019, 01:29PM »
I'd be happy to shoot on Saturdays and RO. I'm free now to spend more time helping.

Offline JeffP

• El Guapo
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2019, 04:30PM »
Weíll see. Next chance would be June. Iím talking to Mike and staff about it this week. We will likely do double session knockdown steel going forward and same for steel challenge. Like 830 and 130 6x12 gives us 144 open slots. Should be plenty to go around.

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2019, 06:59PM »
I don't  shoot any type of those steel matches, and have no idea of the rules. Not sure if the rules are similar or different than USPSA. But I can help RO one of the days if needed.

Offline JeffP

• El Guapo
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2019, 08:41AM »
Thanks but weíre more looking for the shooters to RO the squads and be evenly spread throughout the matches. The rules are similar itís just more fun than uspsa :) you should try shooting steel

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2019, 09:25AM »
Ok. I've also told Nick and the others, that if they need to move me into a squad with no RO's, just give me a heads up. And they have done it.

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3493
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2019, 09:54AM »
I am guilty last year and this year of not stepping up and help more.  Life has gotten on the way.  I will do my best to help more this year, likely not enough to help with the surge in shooters for the matches.

I really am thankful for the effort and the work done by everyone involved and considered myself lucky To be a member and have the opportunity to register earlier.  I will also as a rule will not register if I am not 100% sure I can make it.  Even if that means shooting in a different squad.  30+ shooters not being able to participate is sad.  But the few people doing all the work can only do so much.

I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Offline Li02liberty

• Gran Jefe
  • Liked: 55
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2019, 12:21PM »
I wish I wasnít stuck working Saturdayís and ever other Sunday because Iíd definitely be there helping almost every weekend. It is very hard for the few guys that do it week after week and I thank them for all their hard work when Im free to shoot a match.

Offline cas

• El Guapo
  • The last of the V8 interceptors.
  • Liked: 2372
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2019, 07:45AM »
Oh well, I'm out. Withdrew a few minutes ago.

After getting all my gear ready and spending time at the reloading bench last night, (not to mention taking time off work on thursday so I could go help set up) my lower back went all wonky in the middle of the night with muscle spams again.  Very strange, I was dreaming my back was hurting but I had to move all these heavy items out of the road to get my car through and hurt my back worse doing it.  A little while late I woke up and the pain was still there (actually a lot worse than in the dream lol)

Heating pad, muscle relaxers and anti inflammatories, and I'm sort of able to stand up for about 30 seconds at a time. I'm getting dressed... and have been for over an hour now. Slow going. I have to go to work! If I don't, I will have a crew of guys getting paid time and a half sitting around looking at each other because they don't know where to go or what to do. The best part for me is, if I'm not okay to work Monday, I won't get paid the OT for today.
  Oh... I was also supposed to take someone to the range this evening. That doesn't look too good. lol
"Baseball's a game and games are supposed to be fun".-Jack Elliot

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2019, 09:19AM »
Sorry to hear Cas. You need to start an exercise program to strengthen your back.

Anthony, move over to squad 5 since we now have an opening.

Offline cas

• El Guapo
  • The last of the V8 interceptors.
  • Liked: 2372
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2019, 01:58PM »
I had to get some bags of blacktop out from under those low rack things at Home Depot a couple weeks ago, which meant picking them up hunched over and it got me good. 
"Baseball's a game and games are supposed to be fun".-Jack Elliot

Online Jhenke

• Gran Jefe
  • Just joined
  • Liked: 93
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2019, 05:35PM »
That sucks cas. Warmer weather and hopefully better days are ahead for you and your back.

Online Mike the Marine

• Jefe
  • One Shot, One Kill
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2019, 05:46PM »
Feel better pal!!
Semper Fidelis,
SSgt. USMC
The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle!