forum

Author Topic: Using a decoker in production  (Read 5394 times)

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 5304
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 5304
Re: Using a decoker in production
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 02:01PM »
effective 6/2/14:
Does the CZ decocker or others similar, lower the hammer sufficiently to comply with Production division, and if not, how would they comply with the wording in 10.5.9 without being DQ'd?

Manufacturers have installed decockers to take the hammer safely to a position that is deemed safe, therefore; the term fully decocked is the position that the hammer rest at once the decocker has been used. Altering a factory installed decocker to bring the hammer to rest at less than a half-cocked position is not allowed.

Note: lowering the hammer to half-cock manually and starting this way will place you in Open division. However, if you start with the hammer in a position that allows the safety to be applied, and holster your gun in this fashion without applying the safety, (if one is present) it IS a DQ.
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Offline Jhenke

• Guapo
  • Pistolero
  • Liked: 253
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 06:58PM »
Yes

Online Postal Bob

• Global Moderator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3444
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 08:16PM »
Something to remember for future matches.
Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!

Offline cas

• El Guapo
  • The last of the V8 interceptors.
  • Liked: 2860
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 08:49PM »
A topic from several years. I actually had this issue come up on the stage I was working at Area 8 in 2016 in Fredericksburg.  The shooter saying one thing and the RO saying anything.  I leap into the fray settling the matter... not because I'm a rules expect, but because I had just read the DNORI's ruling in Front Sight a couple weeks before. lol
"Baseball's a game and games are supposed to be fun".-Jack Elliot