forum

Author Topic: Weight of extended mags.  (Read 1037 times)

Online xdguy

• El Guapo
  • Not missing NY Y'all
  • Liked: 673
Weight of extended mags.
« on: October 07, 2019, 11:21AM »
An interesting story and to learn from at the Carolina classic a level 2 match, they had a chrono stage.
CO has a 44 ounce limit. When adding weight to the pistol REMEMBER the pistol is weighed with a empty magazine, if  you added a extended basepad check it, a shooter got moved to open because with the TF plus 5 made 47 ounces and all his mags had that aluminum pad.
NEW YORK the Expired State
I'm gone thank you

Offline Keepkool

• El Guapo
  • You only have one SHOT to make a good impression
  • Liked: 813
Re: Weight of extended mags.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 11:28PM »
Welcome to open , CO has a max weight of 45oz.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 11:45PM by Keepkool »
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Online xdguy

• El Guapo
  • Not missing NY Y'all
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 06:23PM »
That's what happened to him. I shot single stack.
I'm gone thank you

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
  • Liked: 3952
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 08:39AM »
I think CO is destined to be another gamer platform. This weight limit is probably going bye bye soon.  I remember not long ago when it being a Polymer platform was required.  It will become an open minor division ... that is where it is heading.

USPSA should also put an effort to tame PCC. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 10:56AM by bob »
I Fear No Evil, for you are with me

Online xdguy

• El Guapo
  • Not missing NY Y'all
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 12:53PM »
No major problem with PCC, don't really see it for pistol matches. Look at how many GMs and Ms there are already in the division. My only real complaint with it is laser sights allowed, REALLY?
I'm gone thank you

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 03:58PM »
And how about 57 round mags in states where allowed.  How is that even competing

Online xdguy

• El Guapo
  • Not missing NY Y'all
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 02:19PM »
No major problem with PCC, don't really see it for pistol matches. Look at how many GMs and Ms there are already in the division. My only real complaint with it is laser sights allowed, REALLY?

So after saying that this Saturday at the Low Country USPSA match signed up for PCC . Still trying to get used to and sighting in the P320 for CO. Those Mini RDS on pistols are alot harder to acquire than expected, and the open type easier on a carbine. Not going crazy have the 2 33 round magazines they usually don't have alot of large stages.
 Also signed up for ROing the 2020 S.Carolina section in April at Low country Preserve in N.Carolina, figure that one out.
I'm gone thank you

Online xdguy

• El Guapo
  • Not missing NY Y'all
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 09:51PM »
Had the 7 stage match and went way better than expected.  There was a classifier cm 02-99 4 targets all on angle with no shoots 1 c rest As and hit factor over 8. For me best ever. Did have trouble when had to start with unloaded gun, need a magwell and the Glock mags wouldn't go in properly so the bolt grabs top round, had to hold bolt back then seat mag. Need to find out why.
 By the way was squaded with Wilbur Sewell the man is amazing with CO. Will try load the video.
I'm gone thank you

Offline bob

• Administrator
  • El Guapo
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 10:33AM »
Add [youtub] and [/youtub] tags to the link

Please note I removed the letter e in the example above but you need it so use youtube.  Also no quotes